Location: Hybrid – Office (York) / Home / Travel
Hours: Flexible Full Time (inc some weekends / evenings)
Start Date: ASAP
We’re looking for a dynamic and creative individual to help TRI247 continue to revolutionise coverage of the sport, especially from a news perspective.
A good knowledge of triathlon is clearly desirable but just as important is an eye for hunting out and telling the best stories and features.
You’ll write instant race reports, conduct big-name interviews and find insightful ways to build the profile of the sport and inspire the next generation of fans.
The role will require weekend and out-of-hours work and at least one day a week in our York office.
The successful applicant will have a great work ethic and the desire to go above and beyond to help the wider team deliver success – and also the confidence to work alone at times if needed.
For the right candidate there will be exceptional opportunities to develop experience, take on new responsibilities and dictate the direction of the platform.
- Source, verify and publish news stories in a timely manner
- Build relationships with athletes, coaches and agents
- Apply best practice from creation to publishing and promotion
- Identify and create content strands which will work on web and social media platforms
- Contribute to content planning and strategy
- Understand what type of content does (and does not) resonate among our audience
Skills & Experience
- Strong writing skills and a keen eye for detail
- Triathlon knowledge – and the desire to learn more
- Strong sense of visuals and the power of images/video in storytelling
- Existing triathlon contacts / network beneficial but not essential
- Video / image editing skills beneficial but not essential
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork and collaboration – but also confident to work alone at times if needed
- Good communication skills
- Tenacity and confidence
- Flexibility and adaptability
We’ve been part of the triathlon family since the late 2000’s and we are as excited about the sport as we have ever been. We were acquired by boutique sports consultancy Sport Acuity in 2021 and since then have strived to revolutionise how the sport of triathlon is reported. In doing so we’ve grown significantly but we’re only just getting started!
We believe that if triathlon is truly to be successful that it requires both participation advice and tips combined with world-class coverage of pro racing and will continue to innovate in the future as we look to build the popularity of and participation in triathlon.
We’re a small team but have exceptional sports editorial and digital experience having worked with many of the biggest sports brands and organisations globally. However, we know we could be stronger and welcome new talent that will inspire and diversify our offering.
Step 1 – Tell Us Why You
Drop us an email at email@example.com telling us about why you would like to work at TRI247 and why you are suited to this role in particular along with two examples of recent editorial content you have created.
Step 2 – Let’s Chat
If you’ve made a compelling case at Step 1 we will line up a video call or face to face meet with our Editorial Director, which will give you both a chance to learn about each other and whether there is a mutual fit.
Step 3 – Creative Task
We’ll set you a creative exercise that will allow you to demonstrate your skills and understanding of our audience.
Step 4 – Another Talk
Almost there! We’ll have you meet with one other TRI247 staff member so you can better understand who you will be working with and that there is a mutual fit with the wider team.