If you are one of the increasing number of cyclists conducting your training indoors on the market-leading Zwift (www.zwift.com) platform, your ‘Watopia Island’ has just grown with The Mayan Expansion – provided you have already reached level 10 status!
Here are the details – with a short preview video above…
The Mayan Expansion is the first unlockable part of Watopia Island. Zwifters are encouraged to ‘Ride On’ to reach level 10, before they can freely access the Mayan Jungle. Those below level 10 will still be able to access the new routes if selecting the ‘ride with friend’ option or through events making use of the new routes.
Some key facts on the Mayan Expansion:
- Mayan Expansion is part of the Watopia Island course
- It’s several miles of fast, rolling terrain through a fantastical world of ancient Mexico with lush graphics and terrain both above and below ground:
- Big Loop, a 26.6mile course that climbs the Mountain, winds through the Jungle, and finishes with a trip around the Volcano
- Road to Ruins, a 18.7mile course taking a Watopia Flat Route variant, heading to the Jungle, and ending with a loop around the Volcano
- Jungle Circuit, a 12.3mile course for those that want to get right to the action and continuously ride or run the new Jungle course
- This expansion is the first time an in-game area has to be “unlocked” to enter it.
- Mayan Expansion is only open to Zwifters at Level 10 or higher
- Zwifters who have reached level 10 in any sport will be able to select Jungle routes at the Drop In screen
- The Level 10 Jungle Gate is marked Red when locked, and Green when available
- Zwifters who become level 10 mid-session will immediately be allowed access
There are alternate means to ride this area of the game, which actually make your time in Zwift even more social
- Zwifters without Level 10 status can opt to “Ride With A Friend” who is Level 10 or higher to explore the Expansion
- Official Zwift events taking place in the Expansion can have riders of any level participating, so access is possible under these circumstances.
- This new map comes just in time as the clocks go back