The first weekend of January is the traditional time for the Country Cross Country Championships to be held all over the country.
As regular readers of TRI247 will know, we do endeavour to keep an interested eye on ‘triathletes’ racing in and doing well in other sports – and indeed, in former triathletes moving on and finding success elsewhere.
There were of course many hundreds of multisport athletes racing through the mud this past weekend, with quite a few past and present names returning home with County Championship Gold, Silver or Bronze medals. Now, with so many events taking place, lots of different categories, here is a start on the medal success of names that we have consistently seen performing well in the triathlon and duathlon world in recent years.
We know it is not complete… which is where you come in!
*** If we’ve missed you, your club-mate or someone you know from this list of 2019 County Cross Country Championship medal winners / notable performances, then a) apologies, and b) please do let me know the details (County / Name / Position / Category) via firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll get the details updated for you. ***
- Jonathan Brownlee – 3rd, Senior Men
- Elliott Smales – 6th, Senior Men
- Gordon Benson – 10th, Senior Men
- Bethany Cook – 1st, U15 Girls
- Almi Nerurkar – 1st, Junior Women
- Gillian Sanders – 4th, Senior Women (1st V35)
- Natalie Seymour – 11th Senior Women
— Gillian Sanders (@gillcurrsanders) January 5, 2019
- Freya Thomson – 1st, Under-20 Women
- Daniel Slater – 3rd, Junior Men
- Olivia Logan – 1st, U15 Female
Leicestershire & Rutland
- Lucy Hall – 2nd, Senior Women
- Claire Shea-Simmonds – 2nd, V40 Women
- Christopher Perham – 4th, Senior Men
- Thomas Davis – 10th Senior Men
Been 10 yrs since I’ve thrown a club vest on & ran round a muddy field.
Enjoyed the course & happy to be racing cross country again.
— Lucy Hall (@Lucy_Tri) January 5, 2019
— Claire Shea-Simonds (@ClaireSSTri) January 5, 2019
- Katie Hewison – 1st, Senior Women
— Katie Hewison (@katie_hewison) January 6, 2019
- Claire Elms – 1st, V55 Women
- Andy Greenleaf – 2nd, Senior Men (1st V35)
- Gwen Kinsey – 1st, V40 Women
- Adam Hickey – 1st, Senior Men
- Jack Shayler – 1st, Senior Men
- Paul Adams – 1st, Senior Men
- Natalie Lawrence – 3rd, Senior Women
- Antonia Jubb – 2nd, U15 Girls
Bronze 🥉for me today at the herts county x country 🏃♀️ not exactly “earnt” as 3rd cut the course badly (& unsure even how!?) so muggins got promoted 🤣#crosscountry #running #marathon #hertfordshire pic.twitter.com/Rvl0lSoDvC
— Natalie Lawrence (@nataliebarnard1) January 6, 2019
- Kerry Large – 4th Senior Women
- Christopher Cope – 1st Veteran Man
- Amy Grocock – 1st Veteran Women
- Eden Schiller – 2nd, U17 Women
- James Adamson – 10th, U20 Men
- Beccy Tipping – 4th, Senior Women (Team winner with BRAT)
- Kat Rye – 8th, Senior Women (Team winner with BRAT)
- Becky Hair – 5th, Senior Women (Team winner with Cambridge and Coleridge AC)