HOKA ONE ONE Carbon X 2 – £160
One of the first brands to bring to market a carbon-plate shoe to challenge the Vaporfly series from Nike, second iteration Carbon X 2 from HOKA ONE ONE is now available for pre-order.
Here are the initial details and updates to their latest model, which we suspect will prove popular within the triathlon market.
A true endurance racer, the Carbon X 2 delivers the same propulsive speed as its predecessor in an adaptable silhouette geared for training and racing alike.
Engineered with a responsive, carbon fibre plate and an aggressive Meta-Rocker, this performance shoe is a formidable competitor. Built to go far and fast, the Carbon X 2 pairs softer, lighter foam with the same rubberised foam outside as the previous iteration.
With a focus on fit, the Carbon X 2 employs a refined collar shape, notched tongue and engineered mesh upper with embroidered TPU yarns and extra reinforcement around the laces. Get ready for an inherently soft, stable and responsive ride.
- Engineered mesh delivers breathable comfort
- Gusseted tongue provides lightweight mid-foot lockdown
- Anatomical Achilles construction
- Removeable, moulded EVA sock-liner
- Carbon fibre plate delivers a smooth transition through the gait cycle
- PROFLY midsole gives a cushioned landing and propulsive toe-off
- Rubberized EVA outsole provided lightweight ground contact and responsive cushioning