Continuing the development of Suunto’s GPS watch line up, the Finnish brand launch the “5”, a mid priced model with plenty of features. We will be looking at a test unit very soon but until then here is the press release from Suunto with some background and specifications.
First impressions are very positive, it feels like a tough watch and the long battery life looks like a key feature alongside some interesting functionality to help you train, recover and keep motivated.
Suunto 5 GPS Sports Watch
One step, one stroke, one revolution, repeat. The world around you disappears. Suunto 5 is built for these moments. It is engineered to perform with you for as long as you need it to. A compact GPS sports watch with great battery life.
Decades of working with athletes and outdoor adventurers has exposed Suunto to that point when all else fades and all you need to think about is your next step, stroke, or revolution. Simple, uncomplicated and designed for purpose, the Suunto 5 was engineered to get you into your optimal training rhythm.
Designed for style
- The Suunto 5 is not only built for performance, it was made to look stylish. Robust stainless steel bezels, and four design variants – All Black, White, Burgundy Copper and Graphite Copper
- The Suunto 5 is available for pre-orders on suunto.com and will be available in select retail stores from June 4, 2019
- SSP £299
- An immense battery life of up to 40 hours
- The intelligent battery mode learns recognises your training patterns, and sends reminders to charge well before the next session. High IQ training companion
- Tracks your fitness level and adapts personalized training guidance based on your progress and goals
- Like a coach, it tells you when to allow for recovery time when you push too hard
- Movitates you to exercise if you miss a session
- Tracks stress and sleep so you can be sure you are well recovered and ready for your next sports activity
- Supports you in maintaining, improving or boosting your fitness level and performance
- Provides stats for over 80 customizable sports modes Community inspiration
- Via heatmaps on the Suunto app, the Suunto 5 connects active and adventurous people to a world of new routes. Heatmaps show where, and by what route, people are training, inspiring new challenges and exploration. Once synced, you can explore new tracks and routes on the watch
- Some of the world’s favorite sports apps, like Strava, TrainingPeaks and Relive, are integrated with the Suunto app so users can get more out of their sessions. And training achievements have never been easier to share online via multiple social media platforms
Learn more at the Suunto website here.