The Olympic Games and Kona on the schedule for Gustav Iden
“It was crazy how fast people were riding in Daytona”
As the 2019 IRONMAN 70.3 World Champion and recent PTO 2020 Championship winner, Norway’s Gustav Iden has seemingly established himself as the number one male athlete over the middle distance currently. And that, despite only starting four races over the format.
Gustav recently sat down with Neuff Red (www.neuff-red.co.uk) to talk about a wide range of topics, including:
- What he’s been up to in his season break
- How shocked he was at the cycling speed of his competitors in Daytona
- Starting the run… with a walk, and then going on to win
- Why winning the 70.3 World Championship title was not a surprise to him – “Nice was not a breakthrough performance for me.”
- Comparing Nice to Daytona
- His experience with deboer wetsuits
- How he has trained his body to absorb a huge carbohydrate intake during racing
- Why he is ‘Big in Taiwan’ because of a hat
- How winning a World Championship made his Manager’s job a lot easier!
- Plans for 2021 and more