Fe226 (www.fe226.com) are a Copenhagen-based brand serving up what they consider to be the best clothing for triathletes, cyclists and runners.
Fe is the chemical symbol for iron, 26 is iron’s atomic number in the periodic table, 226 the iron-distance in kilometres and 26.2 the marathon distance in miles. A clever idea behind the brandname. Does the kit deliver?
Fe226 provided us with a singlet and T-Shirt from their range to try out and share our findings with you.
TEM Running T-Shirt – Burnt Orange – £51
Fe226 say: The unique, perfect-fit four-panel construction, we have made it lighter, quicker drying and better ventilated. It goes without saying, that the TEM Running T-shirt is still odour-free, sweat-wicking and super-comfortable.
- Perfect Fit: No more fabric twisting or jumping up-and-down
- Body cooling: The light-weight fabric has a structure that allows wind through to cool you down even on the hottest of days
- Weather protection: The unique structure of the fabric has an insulating effect that keeps your core warm even if it is wet and windy
- Microfibre (71%) and LYCRA (29%) makes this fabric super-sportive
- Unique four-panel construction keeps the t-shirt in place during any exercise and hence minimizes chafing and irritation
- The core fabric is lighter, more stretchable, faster drying and better ventilated than any other fabric out there
- The light-weight fabric has a structure that allows wind through to cool you down even on the hottest of days
- The unique structure of the fabric has an insulating effect to keep your core warm even if the weather wet and windy
- All seams are 5-thread stretch overlock for maximum durability and stretch ability
- Reflective prints for maximum visibility
TEM Running Singlet – Deep Lichen Green – £43
Fe226 say: We took the singlet and made it perfect! Unlike most singlets, the TEM Running Singlet will not be dangling around your body creating chafing. This singlet builds on our perfect fit four-panel t-shirt construction, so it will stay in place during any running exercise and yet keep you cool on those hot summer runs. It’s made from a unique temperature-regulating, ultra-ventilating, lightweight, quick drying and odour-free fabric.
- Core temperature regulation: The unique mesh-like structure allows the fabric to hold air inside the fibres, thereby creating an insulation layer that will keep your body temperature regulated
- Ultra-ventilating: The incomparable mesh-like structure also allows air to flow through to your body, so you keep ventilated when the sun is shining and dries you faster thereby keeping the fabric lightweight
- Lightweight: Despite the temperature-regulation features, the fabrics weighs in at only 140 g/m2 due to the unique mesh-like construction
- Fast-drying: The structure of the fabric will allow you to dry up fast, but we also enhanced this feature by adding an ecological quick-dry treatment to the fabric
- Piling resistance: This fabric’s durability has been tested using the Martindale Abrasion Resistance Test and the result flawless
- Anti-bacterial: The fabric has been treated with anti-bacterial to keep your product odor-free
- Oeko-Tex® Standard 100
The TEM (The Ekstra Mile) Running T-Shirt came to us in a bold burnt orange colour. The perfect hue as Autumn is upon us here in the UK.
The t-shirt and singlet feature a four panel construction that gives a give fitted look and gives a structure to the shirt. Two logos are featured on the shirt which are both reflective.
The material has plenty of give if you need and feels very comfortable. The singlet works well as a base layer under a cycle top as its very breathable and lightweight.
Construction is first rate, all the seams are sturdily stitched. On both the neck areas they are comfortable and there was no rubbing or chaffing.
Rinse and dry
The website states that the garments are DryRun made to be rinsed in the shower and will dry very quickly, saving on washing. I will test that out and update you here. Given the nature of the fabric there is no reason to suggest it won’t be the case. The vest was dry very shortly after a hot cycle ride when worn as a base layer.
It’s great to have a new(ish) triathlon-focused brand and even better to have a brand creating good quality kit. Pricing seems reasonable for the quality of the clothing we tested and for the tri-specific suits etc., they seem comparable rival brands in the premium sector of the market. Definitely worth a look at their website to see for yourself.
Check out the full range at their website here.