Nottingham Sprint Triathlon is the last chance to qualify
Don’t forget the application deadline or you could miss out…
Home to the 2014 Commonwealth Games, major triathlon will once again return to Strathclyde Park this summer when the venue hosts the Elite ETU Triathlon European Championships as part of the Glasgow 2018 Multisport European Championships (www.glasgow2018.com).
The European Championships will also see Aquatics, Cycling, Golf, Gymnastics and Rowing take place over 11 days of competition.
There will be three Elite medal races taking place:
- Thursday 9th August – Women
- Friday 10th August – Men
- Saturday 11th August – Mixed Team Relay
As well as the Elite races, the 2018 ETU Sprint Triathlon European Championships will also be part of the festival, taking place on Saturday 11th August for Age-Group athletes. Rewind five years, and the ITU World Championships taking place in Hyde Park, London created huge demand for places and some of the most competitive domestic racing I have ever seen. Here is another opportunity to race on home soil, significantly reducing costs in terms of travel.
The final opportunity to qualify for Glasgow takes place this Saturday at the Nottingham Sprint Triathlon at Holme Pierrepont, the day before the Outlaw Half Triathlon.
While entries to that race are now closed, if you are racing and are interesting in racing in Glasgow, then you MUST ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED YOUR INTEREST BEFORE 5PM ON FRIDAY 18TH MAY.
How Does It Work?
- If you want to be eligible to qualify from Saturday’s race, you MUST be registered via the British Triathlon website.
- To register, click on the link below and pay your £10 registration fee.
- Automatic qualification will be awarded to the first 4 eligible athletes in each age group.
- The remaining 9 places will be allocated via pre-qualification places, discretionary places and roll down places.