The Brownlee brothers talk wetsuits, race plans, Olympics, SPOTY, Leeds United and more
Last Friday at the Engine Shed in Derby, the Brownlee brothers (www.thebrownleebrothers.com) were the star attractions at a packed event hosted by wetsuit brand HUUB to celebrate their fifth anniversary.
Having trusted the brand with their signature four years ago – at a time when the product was little more than an idea of the kitchen table of Dean Jackson – that decision has been vindicated, with another four year contract just signed, keeping them with the brand until 2020.
Danny Mills hosts…
The Q&A was very well hosted by former England and Leeds United footballer, Danny Mills. Now a keen triathlete himself with an Ironman on his radar, Danny covered a lot of areas with the Olympic Gold and Silver medallists.
Find out more about…
- Why they first signed with a brand that barely had a product to offer them at that time
- How racing will change for Jonathan, with Alistair not being at many of the WTS events this year
- Why Alistair is not ruling out going for a third Gold in Tokyo
- Jonathan’s views on the potential of the Olympics being a Sprint distance race
- Why finishing second at SPOTY means “I’ve got a worse personality than Andy Murray”…
- …and why winning SPOTY might not have been a good thing, “not sure I wanted to make a speech!”
- Their passion for Leeds and Yorkshire
- Why Jonathan is still “uncomfortable” about the events of Cozumel
- Their “bucket list” races
And the biggest laugh of the day…
Jonathan on Alistair: “I work with Alistair, and he earns more than me…”
Alistair to Jonathan: “Yeah, but I do a slightly better job, don’t I?!”