Lightowler, Pritchard the fastest Age-Group Brits in Penticton
11 Age-Group medals for the Great Britain Age-Group team at Aquathlon World Championships
A very busy schedule of racing in Canada at the Penticton ITU Multisport World Championship Festival saw the ITU Aquathlon World Championships take place on Friday. There was success for the British Elite athletes with Emma Pallant (Gold) and Jacqui Slack (Bronze) in the Senior race, and Gold for Chloe Pollard in the U23 category. We’ve got the full report on that one online HERE.
It’s now time to catch up on the Great Britain Age-Group athletes racing. The Brits actually set the two fastest times overall, across all Age-Groups, through Robert Lightowler and Michael Lewis, both racing in the M20-24 category. Amy Prtichard (Silver, F35-39) was the fastest female British Age-Grouper, and set the fourth fastest time overall.
Robert also won Gold in the Sprint Distance Duathlon World Championships earlier in the week.
Top 3 fastest overall British athletes:
- Robert Lightowler – 30:31 (20-24 – Gold)
- Michael Lewis – 31:01 (20-24 – Silver)
- Ben Rhodes – 32:41 (20-24 – 4th
- Amy Pritchard – 37:37 (35-39 – Silver)
- Maria Powell – 38:57 (50-54 – Silver)
- Caitlin Lefevre – 39:15 (16-19 – Bronze
Penticton ITU Aquathlon World Championships – Friday 25th August 2017
1km swim / 5km run
Great Britain Age-Group Medals (11)
- Robert Lightowler – 20-24 Male
- Matthew Gallop – 45-49 Male
- Ted Hamilton – 65-69 Male
- Rachael Vatter – 20-24 Female
- Michael Lewis – 20-24 Male
- Amy Pritchard – 35-39 Female
- Maria Powell – 50-54 Female
World Championships Aquathlon & @AmyP_Triathlete has stormed her way to a silver medal!! @GiantCamden @LivCyclingUK @pymmgareth #ThisGirlCan pic.twitter.com/cXs8BmCrMV
— Roz McGinty (@sprintymcginty) August 25, 2017
Stunned – silver medal for me in the AG World Aquathlon.
— Maria Powell (@mummaPowell) August 25, 2017
- Caitlin Lefevre – 16-19 Female
- Aidan Pierce – 16-19 Male
- Claire Baudouin – 25-29 Female
- Shaun Challis – 30-34 Male