No DATEV Challenge Roth in 2020
Scheduled for Sunday 5th July 2020 – and with a stellar Pro field announced – Challenge Roth has has just been cancelled, and won’t be rescheduled for later in the year. “If we are realistic, there won’t be any big events until the end of the year” said Felix Walchshofer, in video address a few minutes ago. You can watch that in full below.
- Not realistic to reschedule in 2020.
- “Most difficult decision we have had to make since Challenge was founded in 2002.”
- “We can’t guarantee the health and physical wellbeing of our athletes.”
- “Training conditions are impacted by massive restrictions.”
- Can’t put volunteers (7500) at risk and emergency / rescue workers (400) with additional burden.
- “This has significant financial consequences, and will have a major impact on our company.”
- We will reimburse your entry fee, minus the administration fee of EUR 90.
- Guarantee that everyone registered for 2020 will have the opportunity to register for 2021, ahead of everybody else.
- “We are asking for your solidarity… for those who can, we are asking you to voluntarily waive part of your refund… the proceeds to provide an emergency fund to secure the long term survival of this race.”
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of how much you can donate.
- Anyone donating EUR 100 or more will get pre-registration rights for two entries over the next 10 years.
- July 4th 2021 – “We will have the best triathlon festival we have ever celebrated with you.”