RBC SUPER LEAGUE TRIATHLON JERSEY TO RETURN ON 19-20 SEPTEMBER 2020
The world’s most exciting swim-bike-run Series will be back in Jersey on 19-20 September 2020 and is offering a chance to win the ultimate triathlon holiday
Super League Triathlon are delighted to confirm that the world’s most exciting swim-bike-run Series will return to Jersey on 19-20 September and are offering a chance to win the ultimate triathlon holiday.
RBC Super League Triathlon Jersey 2020 will again feature top class Championship Series racing for Pros, amateurs, the Corporate Team Enduro in partnership with Mourant and the ever popular RBC Race for the Kids.
Jersey became only the second venue to host a Super League race when it staged an event in 2017 with the best triathletes in the world racing innovative formats for the biggest prize purse in the sport.
Super League has since staged 11 events around the world, including returns to Jersey in 2018 and 2019, and has enjoyed continual growth. Super League is ready to ramp up its global Series and Jersey will continue to be a key part of its line-up.
Super League Triathlon CEO and co-founder Michael D’hulst said: “I love Jersey. It has become my home away from home and so I am delighted that Super League will be back.
“At Super League we feel Jersey is our spiritual home. It is the only venue that has played host to three events and to see the way it has grown year-on-year has been very satisfying.
“Having established itself in the global sporting arena, Super League is about to embark upon a very ambitious plan for global growth and I am so pleased that Jersey will be a part of that.
“The feedback we received after last year’s event, despite the challenges presented by the weather, was incredible, and the numbers proved what an impact Super League has while we have also been to help provide a whole range of intangible benefits including inspiring a new generation of children to take part in sport.
“We have had fantastic support from businesses, agencies, partners, the Government of Jersey and the local community. We want to continue to give back and for Jersey to continue to grow with us on this journey.”
RBC Super League Triathlon Jersey 2019 delivered record breaking figures as the popularity of the race weekend as a global sporting spectacle pushed Jersey to the forefront of the minds of a worldwide audience.
Key figures included:
- Super League Triathlon reached a potential 2.7m new tourists for Jersey
- More than one per cent of Jersey’s population signed up for the RBC Race for the Kids helping people get active and raising valuable funds for Mind Jersey
- Four in five Jersey residents surveyed believe Super League has a positive impact on their local community
- Significant growth in the TV market with 55 broadcasters showing the event in 185 territories with a global reach of 1.6 billion
- Social media reach expanded to 22 million in race week alone
- There was a 141 per cent growth in participants for the Age Group events. These, unfortunately, had to be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. However, a sizeable number chose to roll their entries to 2020 while the others either received a refund or donated their entry fee to charity
The 2020 event will be staged on 19-20 September, a week earlier than last year, due to tidal conditions.
As well as all the racing there will also be improved hospitality and a fantastic FanZone for all the family to enjoy.
Age Group details will be available soon but in the meantime you can register your interest and be entered into a prize draw to win a three night stay at the Radisson hotel along with the Pros, two flights from the UK or France and two entries into an Age Group race.
To sign up and for more information please use this link
The full Championship Series will be announced in the coming weeks.