Job vacancy with the Professional Triathletes Organisation
At a time when employment for many is at risk, the Professional Triathletes Organisation (www.protriathletes.org) are recruiting for a role… which will surely suit one of our readers? An in-depth knowledge, understanding and passion for triathlon would be a huge plus. If that sounds interesting, read on.
Check out the full job description below for the position of Social and Community Exec.
SOCIAL & COMMUNITY EXEC. JOB DESCRIPTION
Hours: Full Time (flexible & non-standard hours)
Location: Waterloo, London (remote for the foreseeable future)
Your primary role will be managing the flow of social content across PTO and affiliate social accounts. This will include:
- Channeling existing content ensuring alignment with campaign objectives
- Writing captions in our desired tone and house style in order to maximise engagement
- Adapting headlines and image choices to tailor the optimum posts to our audience
- Reporting regularly on what is working and what isn’t, and coming up with recommendations for how we can improve our social media strategy
- Staying up to date with other social media platforms
- Helping out with other social media accounts, as and when directed
- Monitoring platform analytics, such as daily traffic.
- Daily management of PTO social accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram and any other platform.
- Knowledge of WordPress and publishing process
- Provide creative copy suggestions and create ad templates
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance with objectives.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and trends across Paid Social and Paid Media in order to become an expert in the field and to advise on campaign optimisation.
- Work closely with the other team members.
- Previous hands-on experience creating campaigns in the major Social advertising platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal skills – must be able to capture and embed the tone of voice across communications
- Reporting & measurement – ability to craft impactful insights about key performance drivers and present in a digestible manner internally.
- Previous excel skills with an understanding of basic formulas and functions used for data analysis
- Can manage numerous projects concurrently and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale (works well under pressure and to short deadlines)
- A real passion for Social, Digital, Paid activity and a hunger to develop.
- Always pushing to innovate and simplify processes
- Strong content flow management skills
- Knowledge about how media organisations use social media and how to use it yourself
- Video and photo editing experience – preferably using Adobe Suite
- Experienced problem solver
- Willingness to work as part of a team and be productively self-critical
- Has a good understanding and love of all things triathlon
- A go-getter who takes pride in their work
- Has a high level of precision and attention to detail when it comes to your work. The ideal candidate will be a perfectionist who would never publish content without it having been thoroughly checked through
- Delivering social strategy, creative ideas and producing some content, all informed by data and deployed in collaboration with media planning.
- Able to adapt quickly to audiences and understand why certain content is suitable
- Ability to react to trends and catering them to particular audiences, as well as keeping on top of analytics and implementing new strategies to improve performance
- Ability and willingness to analyse and adapt based on previous results and performances, with an understanding of why content performs as it does
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Work in exciting high growth international sporting organisation
- Learning the inner workings of a small but fast-growing business
- The opportunity to further your understanding of social media and its application in modern business
- You will develop the ability to tailor videos for dedicated Facebook audiences to increase engagement
- The opportunity to improve your ability to create highly engaged multimedia content
- Opportunities and support to use your creativity to enhance PTO’s social media content and become a specialist in your field.
To submit an application for this role please complete the online application form that can be accessed >>> HERE <<<
The PTO are looking to fill this role ASAP so we will operate a rolling, remote interview process for applicants that progress beyond this initial stage.
ABOUT THE PTO
The PTO is the Professional Triathletes Organisation. It is a not-for-profit entity consisting of non-drafting professional triathletes who have come together to promote and contribute to the triathlon community and celebrate the sport we all love so much.
A professional representative body is the natural evolution for sport, and the PTO’s time has now arrived for the sport of triathlon. With its investment partner, Crankstart Investments, the PTO is now able to contribute its resources and the collective voice of professional triathletes to helping the sport of triathlon grow and thrive.