TRI247 Workout Series #42 – Lucy Charles’ Over-Unders
Wednesday, 10th October 7.00pm UK time on Zwift
(ZWIFT LINK >>> https://zwift.com/events/view/93330)
Here are the details of tonight’s TRI247 Workout Series group session on Zwift.
With the IRONMAN World Championship coming up on Saturday (CLICK HERE for our extensive coverage of the event), we were looking for a Kona special for this week’s session. As a UK-based site, what better than a session from last year’s highest placed British Pro athlete, Lucy Charles?
This workout – called Over–Unders – was also the very first Zwift Group Workout that we hosted in the TRI247 Workout Series way back in December 2017. Can Lucy go one step higher on the podium this coming Saturday and win the Big Dance?!
The Over-Unders session
The workout includes 5*5minutes over/under FTP level, with some additional twists of initially high(er) and then low(er) cadence on the final two sets. Lucy’s Over-Unders session was set by her coach, partner and fellow Pro IRONMAN athlete, Reece Barclay – and it’s a good one.
With Lucy just a little bit busy in Kona this week to take the workout herself (!), the session on Wednesday will be lead by TRI247 Editor, John Levison.
Join us at 7p.m. tonight on the virtual roads of the Watopia Volcano!
[Set yourself a reminder here: http://zwift.com/events/view/93330]
You can find the custom workout files from all of the previous TRI247 Workout Series sessions on these links, to download and do ride again in your own time:
Custom Workout downloads from previous Zwift sessions:
- Lucy Charles ‘Over-Unders’
- Lucy Gossage ’12 Days of Christmas’
- Lionel Sanders ‘Intervals’
- Joe Skipper ‘ Burner’
- John Levison ‘High Five’
- Ruth Purbrook ‘Over Gears’
- Tim Don ‘Comeback’
- Reece Barclay ‘Mix Session’
- Harry Wiltshire ‘Grim Reaper’
- Paul Shanley ‘Pyramids’
- Karl Alexander ‘VO 2 The Max’
- Jenny Gowans ‘Norse Steps’
- Matt Bottrill ‘Lactic Builder’
- John Levison ‘Russian Steps’
- Sam Begg ‘What Goes Up, Must Come Down’
- Paul Shanley ‘70.3 Minutes’
- Karl Alexander ‘The 13:50 (10 to 2)’
- Richard Stannard ‘FTP Advancer’
- Race Force ‘ChainGang’
- Simon George ‘The Giant’
- Natarsha Tremayne ‘Stomp The Pedal’
- Chris Standidge ‘The Championship Decider’
- Lesley Levison ‘Spiked Tempo’
- Bex Rimmington ‘ Maximal Efforts’
- Coach Kevin Poulton’s ‘Progressive 11’s’
- ‘The Kitchen Sink’ – set by TRI247 Editor John Levison
- John Levison ‘A Bit of Speed too…’
- ‘Glasgow Revisited’ – John Levison
- ‘Club Relays Madness’ – John Levison
- ‘John Levison’s A Bit (More) Speed Too’
- The Dragon – John Levison
- Sweetspot with a Kick – set by TRI247 Editor John Levison
- John Levison’s ’40/20’s FTP Booster’
The workout will begin promptly at 7.00pm UK time, Wednesday 10th October 2018. It is worth logging in 10 or 15 minutes before the session to make sure you are set up and ready to go, where you will be able to warm up in the virtual ‘holding pen’.
Look for the TRI247 Workout Series event in the list on the right of the screen once you have paired your sensors. Click to JOIN and you will be taken to the start line ready to begin the workout.
Make sure you have set your FTP level correctly before you join the workout as all the intervals are based on a percentage of FTP so it is important to get that right. If in doubt, dial the FTP number down 10 or 20 watts as it is better to finish the session than to feel like it is too challenging.
If you have never used Zwift before but don’t want to miss out, head to the Zwift support page for tips on how to get the most out of your setup.
After the session head over to the TRI247 Facebook page for some post ride chat.
Zwift Group Rides: TRI247 Workout Series
The cool thing about a group workout on Zwift is that varying levels of ability can ride together in a group and all finish the session together having done the same relative effort, even if the actual watts are significantly different. It is not a race, but a shared goal to get a good session in the training log.