40th edition of the London Marathon has been rescheduled to October
It’s not triathlon, but it’s one of the biggest mass participation endurance events in the country and attracts more than its share of multisport athletes too.
The Virgin Money London Marathon is one of the best events around, I’ve run it five times (long ago…) myself, and our reporting on it is always popular, consistently featuring many names, past and present, from the triathlon and duathlon community.
Given the current Coronavirus / COVID-19 situation, the news will perhaps not come as a surprise, but it has now been confirmed officially:
The 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon, scheduled for Sunday 26th April 2020 has been postponed, with a re-scheduled date of Sunday 4th October 2020.
Recent ‘Triathletes run London’ articles:
- James Ellis and his great day at London 2019
- Triathletes: London 2019
- Triathletes: London 2018
- Triathletes: London 2017
- British Triathlon World Champion runs 2:17
- Chrissie Wellington WINS** London Marathon
- Did James Cracknell run the perfect marathon?!
- Triathlete Joe Spraggins sets World Record in London