Nine British Age-Group medals at the ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships in Denmark
The second sport of the Fyn ITU Multisport World Championships Festival, the ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships took place in Tuesday, based at Svendborg.
Adding to 27 medals (Standard Distance Duathlon) and 32 medals (Sprint Distance Duathlon), today the British squad returned with nine podium finishes from the off-road discipline of the sport, three Gold, four Silver and two Bronze.
The fastest British athlete was Alex Rhodes (M35-39), 12th overall which was good enough for Silver in his category, the same medal he got in Penticton last year in the 25-29 category. Kerry-Ann Upham (F25-29) was the fastest British female athlete in fifth place. Like Alex, that earned her a Silver medal.
The three Gold medals went to one first-time GB Age-Group representative, Hayley Down (F35-39) and two experienced athletes, Robert Moore (M55-59) and William Hammerton (M70-74).
William has previously finished 12th (2014), fourth (2015) and second (2016) and now finally reaches the top step of the podium to several ETU European Championship Gold medals.
All of the reports and news from Fyn:
- Age-Group Duathlon World Champs (Standard Distance)
- Elite Duathlon World Champs
- Age-Group Duathlon World Champs (Sprint Distance)
- Elite Cross Triathlon World Champs
- Age-Group Cross Triathlon World Champs
- Age-Group Aquathlon World Champs
- Elite Aquathlon World Champs
- Elite Long Distance Triathlon World Champs
- Age-Group Aquabike World Champs
- Age-Group Long Distance Triathlon World Champs
Fynske Bank ITU Multisport World Championship Festival – Tuesday 10th July 2018
ITU Cross Triathlon World Championships, 1km / 27km / 10km
British Age-Group medals (9)
- Hayley Down – F35-39
- Robert Moore – M55-59
- William Hammerton – M70-74
- Kerry-Ann Upham – F25-29
- Ruth Owen Evans – F35-39
- Claire Hitchings – F45-49
- Alex Rhodes – M30-34
- Ruben Villalain – M30-34
- Guy Dunscombe – M35-39